Civil Engineering Consulting: Northern Services
The Binnie civil engineering consulting office in Prince George, BC, is focused on working on regional projects that support the effective development of land and engineering infrastructure solutions.
To keep pace with the active growth rate of the North, you need expert engineering design and technology. We have offices in Prince George and Kamloops, along with a field office in Fort St. John, and teams of talented engineers and technologists who are able to travel into regions across British Columbia and work on your projects.
We opened our Prince George office in June 2011 and have been working hard to engineer effective infrastructure solutions for a number of clients. The office is led by our Northern Division Manager, Gordon Wagner, P.Eng. Gordon is a long time Prince George resident and previously worked for more than 30 years with the BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MOTI). With his experience as the Regional Manager of Engineering for MOTI, Gordon led the Ministry’s Northern Region engineering services for all Highway and Bridge projects; that experience has been invaluable to his work with Binnie and his work for our clients.
Prince George and the Northern BC region are fast-growing and healthy economies that need strong engineering infrastructure work to connect communities and to help build the region. Prince George is the largest city in the North, with a population of 76,000 (and growing). The city is a service centre for the North, an active hub for business and is a primary access to the region’s growing economy. Our local staff is committed to building communities in the Northern region that meet the needs of all local stakeholders.
Services that we provide include:
- Transportation Engineering
- Traffic Planning and Design
- Land Development
- Road Construction Services
- Stormwater Management
- Drainage Systems
- Paving Management and Rehabilitation
- Landscape Architecture
- Parks, Sports and Recreation Facilities
- Municipal Services
- Legal Surveys
- Project Services, and more.
Benefits of working with our Northern Services Division:
- We are familiar with the terrain and with the climate: we ensure that our knowledge and experience results in better solutions for your projects.
- We understand the importance of keeping on schedule and on budget; your project will be well managed by our highly experienced and talented project managers.
- We believe that quality management is key to the delivery of exceptional project work: we are leaders in Organizational Quality Management (OQM) – certified March 2013 by APEGBC; we bring that commitment and structure to your project.
- Our project managers, engineers and technologists are well trained and experienced in stakeholder engagement and public consultation; we are an additional resource for your project development.
- We understand the impact of weather and terrain on infrastructure development – including water drainage systems, paving and road construction, and development of land – and we design and engineer your projects within those constraints.
- We work with you to manage project scope. As we are a civil engineering consulting company, we have engineers and technologists available across the province and specifically available in Northern BC (including Prince George, Kamloops, Kitimat, Fort Nelson and Fort St. John). We make sure that we provide and manage the right resources to deliver the best solutions for your project.
- We are committed to continuous improvement and ensure that project experiences and results are reviewed at the end of each project. Our operating procedures are revised and improved as necessary because we want to make sure that we deliver the results that you want and need for your project.
- We ensure that you are aware of new services, new technology and the best practices in engineering for your project.
Our civil engineering consulting company has been providing engineering solutions since 1969 and we have built an excellent reputation for producing quality work, having talented staff, and having a clear commitment to delivering on client’s expectations.