Land Development Services
We are recognized for designing and delivering land development services in a variety of geological conditions, with a focus on cost effective construction plans.
As a civil engineering firm, Binnie offers land development services as part of our multi-discipline service offering. Our land development engineers work on projects and assignments across Western Canada that range from single and multi-family housing projects; large subdivisions; recreational facilities; and major commercial and industrial developments.
Developers Build on Our Reputation
With 48 years in civil engineering, we have earned an excellent reputation in the Land Development industry for providing quality services while meeting our clients’ needs for quick approvals.
We have built extensive knowledge of each jurisdiction’s approval process which, when coupled with our ongoing relationships with municipal staff, enables us to provide the results you need to move your project forward efficiently.
We are committed to sustainable engineering practices and a number of our staff are LEED certified. We are passionate about listening to what you need and delivering the best engineering services on each and every project.
The following projects reflect a mix of the land development services we provide:
- Pacific Arbour Retirement Communities in the District of North Vancouver: on- and off-site design of site servicing; grading; tendering services; civil construction administration; field inspection; stormwater run-off analysis; erosion and sediment control plan; and stormwater management plan.
- Abbotsford Shopping Centre (South Fraser Gate): on-site design of parking area; utilities; drainage systems, including storm water drainage; roadwork; sanitary sewer and watermain improvements were also part of the project
- Royal Jubilee Patient Care Centre in Victoria, BC: design of raised entrance bay and crosswalk, re-grading and re-alignment of curb; on-site storm water drainage, sanitary and water design for the Patient Care Centre
- Carson Graham Secondary School Redevelopment in North Vancouver: on- and off-site detailed civil design for storm, sanitary, water and road works; LEED coordination, tendering services, civil construction administration and field inspection at the construction state
- Station Square Redevelopment in Burnaby: scope of services include design and construction support for road and utility improvements to Central Boulevard, McKay Avenue and Kingsway; internal road network and site servicing; downstream storm sewer capacity analysis; on-site stormwater management; and erosion and sediment control design for the construction phases
- New Ikea Store in Richmond: preliminary and detailed design engineering services for on-site and off-site civil works; field services; stormwater management; and road and utility improvements to Sweden Way, Bridgeport Road, Jacombs Road and Knight Street
- Vancouver General Hospital new Mental Health Facility in Vancouver: site serving concept development, specifications outline; project feasibility report production; and work with architect on the client advisory team to develop the business case for development.
From architects design build to public private partnerships, we understand the needs of our clients and are able to deliver the services required.
In addition to our land development services, we also provide a number of integrated services that include: Construction Management Services; Project Services; Geomatics; Transportation Engineering; Traffic Planning; Landscape Architecture; Parks, Sports and Recreation Facilities; Municipal Services; Geomatics; and Legal Survey through Binnie Land Surveying Ltd. (BLSL).
We provide services across Western Canada and have offices and staff located in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver, the Fraser Valley area, the northern region of BC (Prince George office), Central BC (Kamloops office), and Squamish.