Binnie and our staff have donated a total of $34,300 to the local food banks in our six office locations!
We want to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who helped to increase our impact as a company. It is always such a pleasure to see everyone embracing the holiday giving spirit, and in the words of Winston Churchill; “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
By helping to lift the communities where we work and live, we’re all actively upholding our mission to serve our communities. After all, our communities are the people who live in them.
The money we have collectively donated will benefit several groups including children, adults and seniors to help alleviate food insecurity and move our communities towards a more hunger-free future.
Did you know?
- Every month food banks in BC help more than 80,000 individuals and 1 in every 3 of these is a child.
- When the state of emergency was declared in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic many Calgarians with precarious, hourly, or low earnings were now out of work. At a time where many were stocking up for quarantine, those on the edges of poverty were struggling to make ends meet. The Calgary Food Bank immediately made changes to meet the needs of a scared community while ensuring the health and safety of staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Food Bank clients could be your neighbour, your child’s friend at school, the veteran you met at the park, your friend whom you haven’t seen for 10 years, or the young cashier at your local grocer. It may be a family where both parents are working, but just don’t have enough left over from each paycheque to fully feed their family.
- It may be someone who is experiencing a sudden illness, a job loss from the pandemic, has a chronic health problem or is perhaps providing care to a family member. It may be a single parent who is struggling.
What do you get from giving?
- A sense of joy and purpose
- A greater connection to your community
- New ideas—on how to solve the problems you care about
Are you interested in donating more or volunteering?