Stormwater System Engineering
Planning a sustainable stormwater system requires a multi-disciplinary approach to drainage solutions. Our team at Binnie has developed stormwater management plans for infrastructure across Western Canada.
The conveyance of run-off water, and the complex interactions and priorities of both urban and natural environments, is the primary consideration of stormwater drainage engineering.
There are environmental impacts to urbanization and densification; for example, increased stormwater run-off, siltation and decreased water quality. These impacts have led to new regulations for stormwater engineering: sophisticated analysis and mitigation measures are now the foundation of all planning and management programs.
Stormwater systems and drainage solutions management has evolved into a discipline that requires specialist engineering services; we provide those services and have the experience from the successful design and planning of many projects as storm facility designers.
Elements of our Stormwater System and Drainage Plan Solutions:
- Conceptual Drainage Plans
- Stormwater Management/Flood Control Plans
- Best Management Practices (BMP) Evaluation and Plan Development
- Drainage Problem Resolution
- Permit Applications and Programs
- Mapping and Linking to GIS
- Topographic, Boundary, and Utility Surveys
- Smart Growth Design Principles and LEED
- Project Management Schedule
- Project Cost and Budget
- IDF Curves
- Major and Minor Systems
- Continuous Simulation
- Analysis by Computer Models
- Storm Sewers
- Pumping Stations
- Municipal Services
- Parks & Sports Facilities
- Landscape Architecture
- Transportation Engineering & Highways
- Construction Services: Roads & Paving
- Traffic Plans and Management
- Land Development
- Geomatics and Legal Survey
- Project Services: Including Alternative Procurement